Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A taste of me..

So, I have to say, its a little odd being a graduate. I wasn''t expecting it to be. I thought, "I'm so ready, I'm so over school." And although that is true, I wasn't expecting the scary feeling, the feeling of complete freedom, I can do whatever, and go in whatever direction I would like. And I also wasn't ready for the scary feeling of loneliness. Its weird because school has always been the one constant in my life, you go to school, that's what you do, but now there's no more constant, I don't "have to" do anything. It's exciting, and thrilling, and a tad bit scary all at the same time. And then throw in a little bit of loneliness along with that. I wake up and my roommates are already at work, I drive to work, and I'm the only one there for 5hours, and then blessedly I get a phone call from a friend, "hey, I'm by your office, I'm gonna stop by." A light in the darkness... at least that day thats what it seemed like. So, I'm assessing my choices, contemplating the future (because what else is there to do when you are a graduate?) and seeing if I really am capable of taking the big leap for my dreams. Would I really be able to move to a city where I know no one? Would that be too lonely? Considering, right now I am always only a phone call and 5mins away from about 200people I could hang out with and I get lonely here? Could I do it? Is the gain more than the risk? I'm not sure yet, but at the moment I'm not ready to give into the fear. I'm courageously hoping that God will provide direction for all that He has planned for me.
xoxo
josslynn nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment