Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye school days!

This week was the first time in 18years that I have not been in a classroom for the first week of school.  I was reminiscing about that over the weekend and through Monday, as some of my close friends started the school year once again.  I graduated last December, with a Bachelor's degree in English and a minor in Communication Studies.  I have decided (for the time being) that grad school is not for me.  But I have to admit, I am not completely against it, like I was originally.  After exploring Europe this past summer I realized that there is much more for me to learn about the world I live in.  That being said, I am very happy to be spending my days at the TOAST office, rather than the classroom.  I have to admit it is an odd and freeing feeling, but also a tad bit scary.  Thinking of all the possibilities my future might hold is very exciting.  But not having the certainty of classes and a schedule, and the ever present "this is what you are supposed to be doing" thoughts, I do feel a little overwhelmed by the open-endedness of it all.  I feel a little like I'm just "playing" at being an adult, like I'm playing dress-up, but at the end of the day, the costumes get put away and my mom will tuck me in, but that isn't the case, the bills in my mailbox and student loans bring me back to reality fairly quickly.
All of this to say, I am very excited for this new season in my life. I have so many options that I am exploring. Many of my friends have deemed it our "freshman year of life"  I think that's an appropriate description.  For now I am excited to pursue this adventure, and be prayerful about all future decisions, we shall see where my life leads..... Thank you for listening my my ramblings, I hope you have a fabulous day!

xoxo
josslynn nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment