Sunday, October 17, 2010

Human trafficking and the sex trade ---- intense subject matter

(picture from different organization, but same purpose)
Many of you know that I am passionate about the abolishment of the sex trade and human trafficking, that being said, tomorrow kicks off the beginning of what is called "Global focus week" at our college. A group I am involved with, The Urban Initiative, is doing a video showing called Playground. Tonight we had a meeting to go over it and to discuss what we will be doing tomorrow. Once again it was heart wrenching and made me upset/angry/sad/confused/livid... and all kinds of other emotions. And once again the wheels started turning and the fire burned inside of me and all I could think was "how can I help?" What can I do? How can I change this? It was brought to my attention that this is not all on "us," we have a loving God, who is there for us, who loves us and who is still in charge when all these atrocious things are happeing. So, the first thing we are doing is showing the video tomorrow, on campus at 7pm. The next thing I want to start doing is working on ways to change this, even in the smallest way. I want to start something and it seems very overwhelming and daunting, but at the same time, I have so many ideas. I am prayerful that these ideas will become actions, that I won't get distracted by life, school, work, etc.
Here is the wonderful foundation that put this real documentary together. They are known as the Nest Foundation. I would love for all of you to visit their site! And if you can, make it out for their video tomorrow night!
xoxo,
josslynn nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment